Monday, May 12, 2008

A Day in the Life of..........

It is late. I am awake. Doing what?? I really don't know but I am guessing that I am just soaking up the quiet in our house. I hear some heavy breathing from those bedrooms. Why are they so tired? Did they run the mom marathon today? Was my day tough? No, easier than most. I did manage to hand off some of my chores to my hubby today. He was in charge of taking Fudge to school this morning. He is wonderful about taking the kids to school most days but today the guinea pig had to return to the 4th grade. Fudge was probably in shock because they put him in the back of the truck to ride to school. I just said goodbye and prayed that he didnt blow out on the way. I had 30 seconds to fix my coffee and Lauren was awake. I bought a little time by turning on Dora so I could finish my coffee and get dressed. We headed to funroe to meet a friend for lunch but had a little time to kill so we went swimsuit shopping. After all I had Mother's Day $ burning a hole in my pocket. It was painful (Lauren cried the whole 20 minutes in the dressing room) but I left with a $19.99 swimsuit. That was cool! We had a great visit with my friend even had time for coffee before I picked up the boys from school. So when I got home I had to play catch up with all the things I should have been at home doing today. Loads of laundry, cleaning my floors, kitchen, potties etc. I delegated my authority and sent the boys to clean their rooms. Five minutes later, two of them are crying because they KNOW I don't like fighting and they WILL be punished. Aaron again stamped where he wasn't supposed to...on the bed this time. Last week, it was the light colored carpet. (I will post of picture of that soon) Lauren is running around naked because she couldn't decide which "princess" dress she wanted to wear. By the way, every dress is a "princess dress." I found her at the top of the third drawer taking all of these dresses off the hangers. I put back the dresses and removed the naked child from the drawers. Then hung up the clothes from the dryer, ironed the really wrinkled ones and started supper. The kids are finished with their rooms so I find a few more things to keep them busy. Ethan so kindly cut out my coupons, removing the expiration date from each one. Brendan took out the trash. Lauren used the chair as a potty. Fieldtrip permission slips, reading homework,computer time, take a shower, BRUSH YOUR TEETH, did we have our family time? My tummy hurts, can Brendan sleep with me? no sheets on my bed
I just wonder what I will do one day when they are grown and my house is clean all of the time. Its really hard to slow down at the end of the day but I have to go to bed if we are going to wake up on time tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

AjzPlace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AjzPlace said...

Hello Friend~
It has been awhile since I have visited your page! Looking good! It's great how you are keeping up with it!

I am going to go finish reading your other blogs... Your too funny!
I just wanted to drop by and tell you I was thinking about you and missing our chats!

Keep Blogging~
Angie

Michawn said...

Cute post, Wendy. I can really relate. And, it's true...it is hard to slow down at the end of the day. I think that's why I find myself on the computer most nights...just winding down. But, last night I found myself passing out in bed at 10PM...SO VERY early for me. Funny.