Monday, February 18, 2008

Drive Thru Safari




It was such a beautiful day yesterday. We just couldn't imagine sitting at the house again. So we took the kids to this drive thru safari not far from our house. It has been open for a year or more but we just have never thought to go. It was so neat. We didn't know if it was worth it or not at first but .....








the kids loved it. There were so many animals that didn't get their pictures taken.These are just a few pictures that I took before they gathered around our car. I was try to keep little fingers safe so I didn't get any pictures of the kids with the animals. The kids were hanging out of the car and the animals were coming in the car!

The kids LOVED that they could actually touch the animals. They were not scared a bit!!





They enjoyed laughing at me when an ostrich snuck up on my side of the car and wanted to get a close up of me. I have heard those birds are mean and I didn't want to have a first hand experience! Just a peak at our Sunday afternoon. Hope you had a good one!

1 comment:

Michawn said...

That's awesome. Where is it exactly? Some of my family would maybe be interested in that. Really cool. It's Africa in Louisiana...how interesting. :-)

And, glad to know that Lauren's birthday party wasn't SO late after all. ;-)