Saturday, November 3, 2007

Trick my Trunk?!





Are you familiar with the CMT show, "Trick my Truck?" If not, it is a series where they take an 18 wheeler and deck it out. We are talking new interior- the works. I think I even saw one where there was a fish tank inside! So this year on Halloween our church had "Trick my Trunk." We were asked to decorate the inside of our trunks like a story from the Bible. We usually do not participate in Halloween but we loved this idea as an outreach and had alot of fun. Our class had two cars. One with Shadrach, Meshach, and Obednigo in the fiery furnace and the other was Jars of Clay. My kids had a blast handing out candy! I was so surprised that they liked it better than EATING the candy. We handed out tracs. One was a free ticket (to heaven) and the other was a huge one hundred dollar bill. I loved those. Talk about attention grabbers. We also had invitations to church on some of the candy. I hope we see some new faces on Sunday. My pictures will show how much fun the kids had--Lauren and Aaron in the bouncer--the boys giving out candy and Lauren eating it!

No comments: