Thursday, November 8, 2007

Brazil and the Ebersoles


I have so much to post about Brazil. I just couldn't do it in one post. Brazil was my first trip to a third world country. Thad has been to many and I have only heard about his trips. It is a completely different thing to experience it on my own. It is actually one of those things that you can't describe with words, pictures, or videos--but here I am trying to do it. Some of my first thoughts about Brazil was that we (in the states) have NO idea about how blessed we are. Even though I have heard this all my life, again, it was one of those things that I had to experience.

Our friends, the Ebersoles, have been in Brazil since June. They have a beautiful family with 3 children and one on the way! They were so great to let us stay in their home, taxi us around and translate whenever needed! We really got a taste of what life would be like there with kids and all. They are doing such an awesome job at transitioning to life in a new country. We were able to attend church with them (even though we didn't understand a thing) and meet their new friends from church. They had a Monday night meeting in their home where all the young couples from church came. We were really tired that night so we decided to go to bed. When I heard the music coming from the den, I just couldn't stay in bed. They had a wonderful time of praise and worship. I didn't know the words to the songs but it was so easy to see their hearts for God. It excited me that even though I was in a different country--these were my brothers and sisters in Christ! This was a very important experience for me. These christians welcomed me -the foreigner- with the love of God and that was just a life changing moment for me.

Ok, lots more to write but I will have to stop for now. If you would like to learn more about the Ebersoles, check out their website. www.ebersoleonline.com
Their journey is an amazing one!

No comments: