Monday, July 14, 2008

And He's Off....

Well, not yet but tomorrow he will be. We are busy tying up loose ends with things here at the house and with the airplane. I even got Thad a new SIM card for his phone so as of now, he has NO excuse for not calling you back;)
Thought you guys would be interested in this post. I had a request to see some of the art on Thad's helmet so here goes:










a Flying Tiger of course. This is on both sides.











This is the patch that the American pilots wore in WWII to let the Chinese know that they were volunteer American pilots fighting for the Chinese. I guess you'll have to google it to find out exactly what it says.










And last but not least....Redneck Aviator on the front. What else would he choose??



Sorry that I didn't get the helmet in full but the mirrored visor kept getting me in my pjs. So this is it. Pray for him as he is away and flying all day, every day.

4 comments:

Michawn said...

wait...the mirrored visor kept getting in your *pjs*? were you trying to get the kids to bed while you were typing this? :)

you are too funny. love the redneck aviator thing...

Anonymous said...

No he didn't...

That is funny.

Jenn

Wendy said...

Funny! I am always a "little" distracted as I type;)

As I was taking the picture, I could see my reflection in the visor. NO ONE wants to see me in my pjs.

Nevster said...

Oh thats just a piece of art! Love it ;-)