Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Incredible Day




We had an incredible day last Monday. It was my turn to fly out into the jungle for the first time. We had a little package to drop off first and no time to stop so I got to push it out of the plane as we flew over the grass strip. FUN! Then we headed to Nemonpade to see if Mincaye would make the trip with us to another village farther into the jungle.




It was so great to see the people running to greet the plane. The first thing that caught my eye was a tiny baby wrapped in a sling on his mama's shoulders. He was so precious. I wanted to hold him so badly but didn't ask. This is some of the other ladies in the village adoring him as the men talked about our plans.




The guys decided to take along Mincaye and Minihua. Minihua can speak both Waorani and Spanish and even some English. He was such a great help!! We flew to the village of ????? . We got there and got the generator and tv ready so we could show the film, Peace Child.




Before the movie, Mincaye spoke to them. He started off with an evangicube then preached to them in Waorani. Everyone was very intent as they listened. We then started the movie. Afterwards, several(a dozen or more) prayed to accept Christ as their Savior. So tremendous! Indescribable really! We sang "Jesus Loves Me" to them then they sang to us. We prayed and took some more pictures of our new brothers and sisters in Christ. In my mind, I really wondered,"Did they understand? Did they get it?" My question was answered as soon as I thought it. An older woman from the tribe told us how glad she was that someone came to teach them about the Bible, to teach their children. She also said she hoped that we would come back and teach them more. That completely made it worth it all to me. That is just an expression. Of course it was worth it but her comments were just like icing on the cake. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am sure that God had that divine appointment for us and I was so glad that I didn't miss it:)

This is Thad with Mincaye and Minihua. What a blessing they are! Missionaries of the greatest kind. I hope to post a little history about Mincaye in the next post. An incredible man with an amazing story.

2 comments:

Michawn said...

Girl, that is SO STINKIN' AWESOME that y'all got to hang out Mincaye!! Oh my gosh!! Did you know that I am like a huge Elisabeth Elliot girl (have we ever discussed this?) and have read ALL of her books. Did you see End of the Spear and Beyond the Gates (even better)? Wow...that is so dang cool. Congratulations! :) Sounds like a great trip (and not just because of Mincaye). Do you know yet what y'all are doing...was there a verdict reached yet?

Wendy said...

So FUN! Amazing trip! We really liked it there and they are doing just what we want to do. We haven't made a decision yet. Still want to spend time much time in prayer!!I have to find the movie Beyond the Gates...wanted to watch it while we were there but didn't have enough time. Funny thing, Thad met the producer of End of the Spear on Saturday. He is here getting his Ag pilot license..How funny is that??!!!