Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Wooden Cross

I just wanted to share our experience at church last night. There was a wooden cross at the alter at the front of church. After the pastor shared a few scriptures, we were instructed to write down the biggest sin we have committed (in our eyes), the thing that is holding us back, a fear, a stronghold or just something that we do not like about ourselves or our behavior. Then after we prayed, we took the paper to the cross and left it there, walking away free, clean, brand new because of what Jesus did for us there. I am a visual person so I loved this! How many times a day do I think about those things? Wasting time on them? Something about actually writing it down and leaving it there made it clear to me! This is what He does for us daily. We can't hold on to our sin. We just have to leave it there!!

No comments: