Monday, June 8, 2009

Screen Free Week!

Yes, that the happening at our house this week. We have been screen free since Saturday afternoon. This means no t.v, video games or computers for a whole week. This rule only applies to the kids;) (hehehe) It started out as a punishment for all of the fighting going on around here. I also wanted them to be creative and do something fun using their imagination. So far it has gone rather smoothly. I was actually surprised by that. They have spent most of the time fishing and swimming. We have had friends over to play and I have noticed lots of board games and puzzles going on into the night. I can't wait to get a good game of UNO started. So I will be looking for ideas of more thing we can do togther this week. We have a library trip planned, a sleepover with cousins, and a little mission work. I will be grateful for any other ideas. It hasn't gotten to the point of pulling out the crafts yet.....But towards the end of the week, we will be looking for something--- I'm sure of it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give them each a list of descriptive words (fuzzy, smooth, sticky, bumpy)and send them outside to bring back one thing that matches each word.
Jen