Monday, May 25, 2009

If its not working.....try something else!

This is one of the important ideas that I want to teach my kids. Keep trying!!! I have to admit that most of the time they get so frustrated when something doesnt' work. I hear.."I just can't do it" more often than I would like. Yesterday, the oldest two boys were given the task of letting a fish out of the live well in Daddy's boat, putting it in the pond, and draining the live well. We were a little concerned as to why it was taking them so long to do the task. Brendan came in and said that they simply could not catch the fish. It kept swimming away from them. Thad was about to go and do the job when they informed him that the fish was already in the pond. We were quite confused until they told us that they had figured out another way to catch him. (I would have loved to been out there to see whose idea this was!) They baited a hook and caught him with their pole. Then took him to the pond and let him go.

I have to admit, that was one of my proud moments!!!

2 comments:

Michawn said...

that's awesome...and SO smart. love that!!

girlfriend, did you take down the powder post? ;) why?

anyway, so very cool about the fish thing. did thad get a big ole smile across his face with pride?

Anonymous said...

Uncle Tyler is beaming!
Jen