Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am a Dreamer

Does anyone else spend every single night in another world? I dream every night! Some of my dreams are definitely God sent dreams and others are just plain silly. I often travel in my dreams. I think I am a traveler by heart too;) Lately, I have been to Los Angeles, Ireland, and Brazil in my dreams visiting all of our friends that live in those places. Anyway, over the years I have learned that God speaks to me alot at night. I will wake up with a person (that I haven't seen in YEARS) on my heart and I have just learned to pray for them when that happens. God has shown me before that He does that when they really need prayers. It blesses me and it blesses them too! I am careful with whom I share my dreams but there are certain times when I know that I am supposed to share for encouragement. I had a dream a few months ago about a woman and this her occupation. I didn't share the dream although I thought it was really profound. Then a lady at my mom's workplace shared with my mom that she had a dream about our family and she prayed for us (the same week!). It was very encouraging for me to hear that so I decided that I needed to share the dream I dreamed with the woman. (Is this confusing?) So I did. I shared and she listened and asked me to write it down. This week I found out that the dream did come true. She is doing just what I dreamed about--a new occupation. It is so cool when God uses us for things like that. I don't share this to say "OOO, Look at me." I hope that if you have the same busy nights dreaming like I do that you will be encouraged to pray and see what role God has in it for you!!

1 comment:

Michawn said...

This is awesome, Wendy. I dream every single time I close my eyes...seriously. Always have. So, yeah...I can definitely relate. I usually love it, but the scary ones I can do without. But even those are usually a wake-up call to be doing some spiritual warfare or something. Anyhoo, thanks for sharing. Super cool. Love that you are so sensitive to the Holy Spirit and what He wants you to do with it.